Sunday, March 28, 2010

Room For Me?

Sam,

There is no room for hate in my life. I would like to make that absolutely clear. I do not hate sororities as much as I do not hate God. Yes, I do disagree with how some people behave in such groups, but never hate. If being in a sorority makes you happy, makes you feel connected then by all means, please be in one, and I will do my best to see the good that they do. But when all I see is your drunken nights placed in photos night after night without any explanation, it is hard for me to see the good. I am not saying you have to tell me why you are partying or when you go out or what you are doing, but I feel in the dark 24/7. You tell me you aren’t happy, and maybe that has nothing to do with partying, but since I am in the dark I do not know.

I want you to flourish in the life that was given to you. I want you to be honest with me and tell me what is going on and for some reason you haven't been. Finding out in a car ride home, information in your life, is not how I want to learn about what you have been going through. I honestly have no idea where I stand in your life.

I know you aren’t fully happy. I know you are going through tremendous struggles that I cannot even fathom. But I want to know more deeply, I want to do my best to understand so I can do whatever I can to help you live freely and love completely.

Sam, I want to be in your life, not just a little bit, not just halfway, but 100%. I want to be your best friend. I will always be there for you no matter what, even if you don’t tell me what’s going, even if you don’t want me to.

That is all I have to say for now. Good luck with your last part of your freshmen year. I hope your boyfriend treats you with dignity and respect. I hope your friends know how great you really are. I hope you excel in all that you do and conquer the world with your beautiful soul and intellect. I hope your mom is healing from the car accident, I hope she is happy and content. I hope everyone in your family heals, and that they continue to rise up in this world. Above all, I hope you are happy.


I love you.

Yours always,

Porsia

No comments:

Post a Comment