Monday, February 8, 2010

The Last Domino

Dear Red,
I cannot say I have never felt this scared. That is not what makes my current situation so deplorable.
I have never felt so overwhelmed with disappointment.
I have never felt so angry.
and if there is one thing you know about me, is that I do not get angry.

The nature of humanity, or particularly the nature of one person has made me reconsider my faith in man.
This self-proclaimed idealist has been let down by one of those closest to her, who has turned to manipulation and injustice in a Machiavellian attempt to justify her own ending success.

"Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer."
--> I cannot decide whether this could be more false, or ironically and painfully true. For when those you trust the most betray you, you have succeeded in following this adage more closely and perfectly, backwards and forwards, regularly and inversely, than one could ever expect.

For the first time I can ever identify, I have had to tell myself not to by into my own malice and anger. I have had to ward off anger?

Luckily for me, a spicy red pops into my head, reminding me that benevolence and love will always win.

You know why? you? yes you? anyone else reading this...

Anyone stumbling upon this tidbit, do you want to know why love will always triumph?

because hatred and deception and all things of the sort, are so utterly confused by love, they know not where to begin attacking it. Because even if they attack and injure Love, it will be ineffectual. Love knows not hatred or injury, and its only remedy or rebuttal is to Love more. Hatred can never match the artillery of Love. Love needs not weapons or pain-inflicting tools. It has a power unmatched by anything or anyone.

Love confounds anything that knows it not. Eliminating any enemies by default.

Love will always remain undefeated.

...

...


suck on that bitch.
(and that is as angry as I will allow myself to be.)
to you, who is attempting to inject my life, and the life of the person i love most in this world with pain and doubt, i will say this:

I will never sink down to your level.
I will battle your injustice with morality, and love, and the only tools i have been given. And you know what? the love in my life (from Red, and the people i love) nullifies any and all fucking hatred you could possibly conjure.

what a juxtaposition of expletives and idealism, a tad hypocritical SORRY. but im human, still an idealist through it all though.

I love you Red.

thanks for reading.

thanks for loving.

thanks for being you.

im listening/reading.

your turn,

amorvincitomnia,
sam

1 comment:

  1. You are allowed anger, as long as it does not consume you. We are human, we are filled with both rational and irrational thought. All we can do is love, forgive, and believe.

    Thank you for your words.

    Love,

    Red

    ReplyDelete